Tuesday 5 June 2012

Products for Blonde hair.


So as of the past few weeks I've had my hair dyed (failed Ombre) half blonde underneath my brownish red hair. These are the first photos I have posted of it, this was the original blonde I was left with by my hairdresser but as of the past week Its now a more lighter ashy tone which I now LOVE and try to take care of, but admittedly it has faded a little. I have been trying out a few new products and a few older products I used to use on my full head of blonde hair (a little over a year ago) and know work quite well for me. I am actually using a few other products along with these which maybe would influence the results so I do apoligise if they don't work as well for you as they have or haven't for myself. The products I am currently using on my hair also are the Organix Morrocan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner and the Aussie Miracle hair Insurance leave in conditioner.


Product 1: Silver Sensations Twice a Week Brightening Shampoo.
Product rating: 9/10
Product price: Ranges from £1.99 - £3.50

This is something I used to use on my older blonde hair and found quite helpful. Now it does say on the bottle not to overuse (no more than twice a week) but me being silly did not originally read this. I used to use this everyday of the week that my hair needed washing on my full head and alas after 2 weeks I had silver highlights. I was amazed and LOVED this I have to admit so when it says its a toning shampoo, believe what it says on the tin. I've been using this quite carefully on my hair as I want an Ash tone and not a silver tone, but it has defiantly kept away the brassy look. I'm quite thankful for this as after my bleach as done again I used an Ash toned dye, left it on for 5 minutes and saw that my lighter roots were actually turning a shade of grey. Considering I've washed my hair about 6 times since then and Its still not come back brassy I believe this is working its magic once again. It is a little blue when it comes out and it can stain so be careful with this stuff. I'd suggest this to anyone who was looking for a tone correcting shampoo and at not a bad price. Effective product and you can pretty much control the time it takes to 'correct' your hair. I.E the amount of times you use it a week and the length of time you leave the product on for.



Product 2: John Frieda Tone Correcting Shampoo and Conditioner
Product rating: 5/10
Product price: Ranges from £5.19-£6.00 or 3 for £10

Now these were the first ever blonde product I came across and I was eager to try something that claimed to get rid of my brassiness in a quick sweep. Alas I was not toooooooooo amazed and not too disappointed. I find that the shampoo is quite alright at getting the job done but I've found much better products on the market and for a cheaper price (Above product) but the conditioner is a big let down. It felt like it did nothing for my hair and compared to a normal conditioner it was pretty pants.
The shampoo itself is a purple tinged product, a lot lighter than the Silver Sensations products and was quite a medium thickness. The conditioner was a bit runny for me and quite a pale purple, considering it was also meant to be tone correcting it didn't look like it. Overall i'd suggest maybe purchasing the shampoo if the Silver Sensations or something better isn't there as it does work, but over a long period. I wouldn't bother with the conditioner ever again.


Product 3: John Frieda Blonde Hair Repair Conditioning Treatment
Product rating: Ranges from a 4/10 - 6.5/10
Product price: Ranges from £5.19-£6.00 or 3 for £10

This product I actually only bought as part of the 3 for £10 offer with the above two products (shampoo and conditioner) so I thought if it didn't really work it wasn't much of a love lost. Well I wasn't too disappointed again but I know there are defiantly better options out there. The reason I range from a 4 to a 6.5 is the time options. It says for a week day condition leave on for 3-5 minutes or a weekly treatment about 15 minutes. The later was defiantly the better option here. It didn't do much for my hair with the shorter time option but the longer one left my hair feeling a little softer than usual. I still wouldn't say this was a miracle hair treatment that undamaged my hair or anything but it does a little of the job. I would maybe purchase it again, depending on how I was feeling and how much my hair wasn't in disrepair.

So I hoped that has helped you if you were looking for advice on which blonde products to use. I have only used these 3 recently but I'm sure I will come across more and I will be sure to let you know how they go. Drop me a comment if there is something you think I should try or would like any more advice on these or other products.

No comments:

Post a Comment