Friday 29 June 2012

Payday Purchases and Sample Haul.

So yet again Wednesday is my favorite day, its payday! I had to go shopping for a few beauty products of course and I walked straight into the doors of Lush, addicted a little. I've been raving about their products lately as they have dramatically improved my skin so I wanted to go back and get a few more things, for my hair and for my skin but I didn't get as much as I'd have wanted, I have said some cash for Tuesday as then I know whatever is left, I can spend on more. As of lately I have also somehow managed to get quite a few samples, some asked for, some gifted to me from the lovely Clarins ladies in the mall and some just gave to me. So without further or do here goes!

So the first thing on my list to buy at Lush was some new hair conditioner. I have been using the Jungle bar and as much as I love it I feel like it isn't giving me quite enough condition. Like I said i'm not sure if this is me being used to heavy conditioners as the 'norm' or if the bar really isn't that good so I thought if I gave another one a try and it was too much I could just use it as a treatment and continue using Jungle. I had a small look over the website to see what reviews people had wrote about certain ones and the one that seemed to top trump them all was Retread. It is a conditioner that is described as a 'heavy weight conditioner that is full of ingredients to fuel your hair up again and get it back out on the road.' It is pretty much exactly that. It is a VERY heavy conditioner (I feel a little too heavy for me) that left my hair feeling very conditioned but when I woke up in the morning it had a slight greasy texture to my hair and it was quite hard to style. I'm not sure if I used maybe too much but it does state you should apply loads to hair and leave it on. I think this is going to be much more of a treatment I may use in the week once and just use less of it for my hair. It was £9.50 for 245g which is quite a set back for a conditioner but bearing in mind I used a little too much, I think it will last me a fair few weeks. 




The next product I wanted to buy was a moisturizer as my skin was doing amazing with my facial products so far but I wanted a light base to go under my makeup and keep me feeling soft and keep my makeup looking fresh. I did ask the sales assistant about this the day before I purchased it and she gave me a sample of Celestial and Skin’s Shangri La. I tried the Celestial the morning of payday and have to admit my skin did feel quite nice and my makeup stayed on for most of the day. At £11.50 for 45g it is one of the cheaper moisturizers that Lush do, considering the other sample I was given was £27.50 for 45g I think its not a bad price. Anyways I have only used my sample up, I'm yet to give the big pot a go but my skin does feel quite soft when I use this and you do have to apply it in upwards motions I guess to encourage circulation in the skin. I will keep giving this a go and report back in a week or so about it.




The last little thing I bought at Lush was a Shampoo bar tin, my GoDiva bar had no storage and I felt a little bit sad about it. The tin is perfect and keeps the shampoo bar out of the way and dry, however it is a bugger to open and close. That's really all I can say about the tin, its pretty much a bulk standard storage metal tin but its from Lush and the shampoo bar fits in so I had to have it.



I went to Superdrug in the hope they had restocked the Accessorize pallete that I wanted and THEY DID. I was so excited to purchase this, its still on offer from £8.95 to £5.95 and its so pretty. They all look like little jewels. I have used three of the colours for a work shift and they looked lovely to begin with but sadly did fade a little quicker than I liked but I don't usually build them up a lot so that may have been my problem. I will see how it goes and let you know. The pigmentation of them though is lovely.





Anyways onto the sample haul. I seem to have aquired lots of samples over the past few months and I am determined to use them all and report back to see if they are purchase worthy. The first 3 I have are some from Body Shop that I aquired whilst working at La Senza. These samples are Strawberry Body Butter (full size retails for £12.50 but is on a 50% off promotion currently), Ginger Body Scrub (full size retails for £3 in the sale) and Spiced Vanilla Shower Gel (full size retails for £2 in the sale) These samples were given to me around the December ish time so I think the last two samples are older products as they do feature on the website's current sale. 





I also managed to get two more samples from Lush, after the success of having Ultrabland's sample and LOVING the product I thought this would be the best way to try a product before I spent a lot of money on them. If you ask nicely and just say your unsure, they do usually offer but if not just out right ask them nicely and they won't be rude about it. I got the Celestial moisturizer and the Skin’s Shangri La. Celestrial is £11.50 for 45g and the Skin’s Shangri La is £27.50 for 45g also. I have actually repurchased Celestrial but I have not tried the other one just yet, I'm saving it for a special occasion in the hope its AMAZING and will really condition my face.


The next samples I have are from Clarins. Now I have NEVER tried Clarins but a lot of you beauty bloggers rave about their products so I am very much looking forward to giving these a try. The ones I have been given are the Daily Energizer Cleansing Gel (full size retails between £10-£12), Gentle Night Cream (full size retails between £28-£30) and Pure Melt Cleansing Gel (full size retails between £10-£15). I'm not sure how these products will fair but I will give them a good old try and let you girls know.





The last sample I was given yesterday was from some Nivea scouts, they gave me two Nivea Soft samples which have been released in new packaging to promote them to fashion worthy people. The full size pot retails for about £4-£7 but i'm not sure about the new packaging ones. They may be on a promotion or something but I will give this a little test and will let you know how it goes.





Thanks for reading, not sure if that was really any interest to any of you but let me know if you want to know anymore about these products or want to just leave some feedback about featured products in this post. Thankyou!

No comments:

Post a Comment