Sunday 10 February 2013

La Roche-Posay Physiological Micellar Solution

(Image from Google - My camera is in heaven at the moment)

On my never ending quest to finding the perfect cleanser that will refresh my face, remove my make-up and not have a reaction to my sensitive skin I came upon another candidate. La Roche-Posay Physiological Micellar Solution has been mentioned on several Guru's videos/blogs as an "amazing but something still missing" cleanser. My mum who regularly enters competitions for various things had actually won a little care package from La Roche-Posay and received a mini sample of this as a part of it. She doesn't really use products so gave them to me and after using it the first time, I was in love.

As my "Neal's Yard Remedies Rose Toner" had just ran out, I knew I had to go purchase another one or at least something else. At £15.50 a bottle I was a little unsure as to wether I wanted to repurchase due to the fact my first bottle was a present. I find when something is given or 'free' you always have a better opinion of it than when you have to fork out your hard earnings. That's when on a small trip to Boots before work, I saw this and thought I had to just buy it and try it properly as I loved the sample.
The Boots website (they stock online and instore) says:

The physiological formulation power and cleansing agents are selected for their optimal tolerance. Soap free, alcohol free, colourant free and paraben free
Sourced from a spring in the centre of France, La Roche-Posay Thermal Spa Water is exceptionally rich in anti-oxidant Selenium. It has soothing, softening and anti-irritating properties and it is renowned for its dermatological efficacy. It is the only water used in our products to maximise their efficacy.

I have to say, I love this cleanser. It ticks all the little things on my list that I look for when buying skin products. My skin likes to freak out over new things but as this is made for sensitive skin and due to it being "all things free" I knew that my skin would accept this with opening arms. It's a freshening product to use and I actually enjoying removing my make-up that I now have a routine and take a good 15-20 minutes taking it all off (and using extra products) I have to say I was worried that it would struggle to take off my MAC Pro Longwear but it removes like a dream. I only have to use a few small cotton pads and my face is makeup free.

I am aware it is a little on the more expensive side but as someone who hardly buys high end, I have to admit that higher end products really are worth the cash. I am not necessarily someone who understands what all the above listed means but I know when something is good on my skin, it's good and vice versa. Since using this and the Effaclaur duo (I will do a separate review on this) my skin is actually getting so much better. I've had a huge breakout lately since using a Lush Facemask (I think they have changed ingredients or my skin just doesn't agree with it anymore) This is now clearing up and I can say I will be using the products for a long long time. I think £11.50 isn't so bad when you gain confidence from your skin being beautiful and clean.

Have any of you ever used this product? What did you think or have you tried anything similar/ better? Let me know your thoughts below!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment