Friday 22 June 2012

Payday Purchases and Update.


I'm so sorry, I hadn't realized my last post was just about a week ago now. Work has been so hectic as my boss went on holiday so it was a few more days of my 10 hour shifts so I haven't really had any time for life let alone for my blog, apologies. Anyways I do have a bit of an exciting post for you. It was payday last Wednesday and I've gone a bit made and spent loads of it already on new products or products I've heard about. Anyways lets get started! So the first thing I wanted to purchase was the Accessorize pallete in Lovely Day so I marched into Super drug and frantically searched to find it was offer from £8.95 down to £5.95. I got a little excited and then noticed they had NO stock left, and no stock left in the back. Gutted, but whilst at the Accessorize station I noticed that their Pressed Powder was down from £5.95 or £4.95 to £2.95. I needed some new powder and I've heard how these products are actually really good and the packaging is SO cute (I haven't had a chance to photograph it yet as it was actually my last purchase but its lovely with the leopard and flower print) and on the inside its got a little plastic open and close lid that stops the powder from getting crushed in your bag or on the move, brilliant. Whilst there I noticed they had a £0.49p bargain bin and found a few little things I thought I'd give a whirl. The first two finds were these Eyeko Lip Gloss tins in Creamy Cupcake and in Rosy Pink, the cute packaging had caught my eye and I've heard of the new before so I thought i'd give them a shot. 


I also saw a bow of Eyeko Face Off Cleansing wipes, I like these as they were individually wrapped and I thought they'd be good to keep in my makeup bag if i'm caught short at a friends or the boyfriends and I forgot to pack my makeup remover. There was also a boxed Fat Balm in Strawberry from Eyeko and I got a highlighting pen in an adorable box (forgot to photo sorry) which I have used once and actually seems like a really nice highlighter, it has a little twisty end and then you blend once its on your face, perfect.



The last thing I found in the bargain bin was this Elite white shimmer powder, it doesn't actually have any instructions or any indication of what it's actually for but I will try it as a highlighting powder I think as it looks like that sort of texture and shimmer.

Now over the past few days whilst being ill I made a post about a No-Poo detox for my hair and I've stuck to my guns, purchased the products and have used them for two washes already and my hair feels amazing. I purchased the GoDiva Shampoo 2in1 bar and the Jungle Conditioner




The Godiva is AMAZING. It smells so lovely, slightly coconut and jasmine fragrance and its brilliant yellow color is gorgeous. It gives off a lovely smell and a good lather when you use it, I lather it in my hand and then spread and rub the bar into specific areas. I didn't think it would actually work that well but I can still smell it in my hair this morning which is amazing to wake up to and my hair is actually really soft, I think that the added cocoa butter really helps to condition the hair. This is an amazing buy for 55g at £6.00 that also claims to last 60-80 washes, I will be buying this again when I have finished my bar. 



The Jungle conditioner has its ups and downs. It doesn't look as attractive as the shampoo bars, its just a plain green color but it does smell very nice. It was a fruity essence to it and also contains cocoa butter. Now on the website and in store they claimed this just gave a light condition that would help to tame hair and I'm not sure if its because i'm used to bottled ones that I feel it isn't giving enough condition to my hair, but my hair is a LOT easier to handle in the mornings. It has a slightly 'day old' feel to it but sometimes that's really handy as fly away soft hair has to be tamed with products. It doesn't give off a huge lather and you have to quite vigorously rub it into your hair and the dry areas but with its buttery consistency its not a huge let down. Again you get 55g for but the cheaper price this time of £2.95 but I can see this not lasting too long as I have to use more conditioner than shampoo and i'd say my bar is a lot smaller than when I photographer it yesterday. 



After these two quite amazing buys I had to go back to Lush and rave to them they were amazing and mention that I was interested in trying a few more products. I had a browse and came across the Cupcake face mask which had a lovely strong brown chocolate color to it and smelt amazing. The women said it was more for oily skin which i don't really have and I mentioned I normally get a few blemishes and spots. She suggested the Catastrophe Cosmetic mask that was displayed with blueberries and had a lovely blueish color to it. I gave it a whiff and it smelt so nice and fresh. I had to have it there and then. I purchased the 75g pot, it only comes in one size unforgivably due to its freshness they do have expiry dates and have to be kept in the fridge. Mine runs out on the 17/07 which is a shame but I'm sure I will have used it up by then. It cost me £5.95 for this pot and I used it last night for the first time and have to say my skin feels a lot smoother than it did before. I haven't really analyzed the results in a mirror yet but I will have a few more plays with it and let you all know when I have finished. I'm sure I will probably be re-purchasing and if not this one then another flavor will be on the cards. (Mine was a little watery on top but once I mixed it in it got thicker with the underneath section)


Whilst buying the face mask the lovely assistant said she was going to give me a sample of the Ultra Bland Cleanser, I thought why not and took the sample as she insisted. She said it was take off all my makeup and give me a perfect base for my face mask, she wasn't joking. This stuff is AMAZING. I have to go buy some more, I used it last night and I am hooked. Thankfully my sample pot still has quite a lot left in it, maybe another 2 uses so I will repurchase as soon as I am finished with that. It has a slightly grainy oily texture to it but it basically melts away any makeup, including eye makeup that is waterproof. I popped it in, rubbed it in like she said and wiped it off in the bath with warm soaked cotton pads, you don't have to be in the bath but it was easier considering I was already having one. The makeup wiped off like a dream, I didn't even have to press down very hard for it to come off. I was speechless. It contains Almond Oil, Rose Water, Beeswax, Honey, Fresh Iris Extract and some other things but the smell is so nice as well as the texture is perfect for skin. Its light and yet also does the job of removing your makeup. At £6.45 for 45g or £10.45 for 100g I think I will carry on with my sample and probably go and buy the big pot as you get double for an extra £4. You really don't need a lot of this product either but it goes a long long way. 

Sorry for the huge rant about these products but I was seriously amazed with my buys this week. I will be going back to Lush (I have rediscovered my love for their products and be purchasing a few more to keep your eyes peeled) If you have any further questions just feel free to ask. Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment