Sunday 17 June 2012

The 'No-Poo' Detox For Hair.


So since working in my new job (instead of being in central Bristol I am now on the outskirts inside The Mall Cribbs Causeway) I have found a new love for shops that were not near my older work. It basically just meant that shopping was a huge effort and sometimes I can be quite lazy. After seeing that The Mall had FINALLY opened a Lush I had a little wonder the other day and I have always loved how Lush smells when you walk in the doors, wow. I was surrounded by pretty natural products and then two sales assistants ran towards me trying to sell me things but put me off a little. I like to just look and make up my own mind. The only good thing I gained from this was one of the girls showing me a demo of a Shampoo Bar. I was a little weird'd out as to how you can have shampoo in a bar form, let alone her raving that one bar can give you between 60-80 washes. At only £5-£6 depending on the one you buy I was a little confused and bedazzled at the same time. I usually just grab shampoo in a 3for2 offer from Boots and I'm done for a few weeks. 


(Gentle Lentil Shampoo Bar - Lush)

Whilst being sat in bed all day (ill again, doctors visit for me tomorrow) I have just been watching a few Youtube guru's and looking at their huge collections of Lush products, raving about their natural ingredients and blah blah. I wanted to have a look at the shampoo bar reviews as this girls words popped back into my head and along these lines discovered a 'No-Poo' hair diet. Ummm ... Okay? This sounds a little gross and strange. You basically don't wash your hair with any shampoos, conditioners only, some even go to the lengths of not using conditioner but rinsing their hair with cider vinegar? This was apparently the normal thing to do before shampoo was actually invented. Many 'guru's' claim it is great for your damaged hair and helps to regain the condition of damaged hair due to you minimizing the amount of chemicals you are using. I actually really want to try this now! So I am about to jump in the bath and use my last few bits of shampoo as I will also do for the next few days until I get a chance to walk into Lush and let the detox of my hair begin. I have already decided to try the Godiva bar which is a 2in1 shampoo and conditioner bar or the Gentle Lentil Solid Shampoo but I will probably also purchase the Jungle conditioner bar. These are both made of completely natural ingredients and I figure I may not be following the exact rules of the No-Poo detox but it can't help to cut out a few chemicals. 


(GoDiva Shampoo Bar - Lush)


(Jungle Conditioner Bar - Lush)

If you want any more details on these bars and reviews, check Youtube or go to the Lush website - https://www.lush.co.uk/. I will keep you all updated on when I start, how it goes and what I think. Wish me luck ladies!


No comments:

Post a Comment