Sunday 10 February 2013

RT Buffing Brush VS Expert Face Brush

Ever since becoming a blogger all I have ever heard about is the Real Techniques brushes by the famous Samantha Chapman. I wondered what all the fuss was about but after buying them for myself, wow. I don't think I could actually be without them .. well some of them but that will be another post. I originally bought myself the Expert Face Brush after reading reviews it was very similar to the much hyped Buffing Brush, just sold seperatley so technically a little cheaper and seperate. After using it a few times with my usual foundations (No7 Stay Perfect and Rimmel's Wake Me Up) I found it amazing. It gave a lovely coverage that covered the whole face and blemishes/spots and just looked flawless with very little effort. I was in love.

I then caught the bug and had to go on and buy the rest to add to my collection. (They are really addictive)Something in my heart was telling me to buy the Core Collection as you get 4 brushes and all in a cute little case for just over £20, just over double what I paid for one on it's own. I don't know if it was just the fact that I really wanted to see what the Buffing Brush was all about, but I also read on a review that the Pointed Foundation Brush whilst not being a very good foundation brush, was just a very good large concealar brush. I ALWAYS struggle to blend in my conclear and make it look natural so this also made me really want the set, so I took the plunge and bought it. This is when I discovered my love for the Expert Face Brush disappeared and the Buffing Brush took over.

So all the hopla above leads to this post ... Buffing Brush vs Expert Face Brush. Every review I have read on this conversation tells us that they are very similar and if you don't want the whole set, then just to buy the Exepert Face Brush.

But I have to say sorry but I disagree as they both create completly different finishes. Read below for a description of this.


Expert Face Brush - Creates heavier coverage with a flawless finish. Great for special occasions/ going out.

This brush is very dense and creates a much heavier impact with foundations. It is slightly oval shaped and is mostly reccommend to use with the "application and blending of cream or liquid foundation". After using this with a few of my other foundations it was okay, but once I switched over to "MAC Pro longwear" it just made me look like I was caked in foundation which we all know is not a nice look. It's quite a heavy handed brush and because it is so firm and dense you forget to use a lighter hand. It does create a lovely even finish but not so much for everyday wear. It is the sort of brush you would maybe use for a special occassion or if you were going out on the town or with a slightly less coverage foundation (I use Medium/High)


Buffing Brush - Creates a more 'Everyday' wearable look but still gives a flawless finish.

This is a soft and more rounded brush which is a dream to use. Because it is a lot less dense you can use a little more force with it to buff the foundation without creating a too heavy look. It creates more of a lighter finish on the skin and looks really air brushed. I also find that I use a lot less foundation with this, I'm not sure but it may be the fact that as it moves the foundation around before you buff it in that you get a more even and light coverage when using.  I use this for my everyday foundation look but I do have to admit if I need a little more coverage I will go over with the Expert Face Brush and one more pump of foundation. This is generally on one of those days when my occasional breakouts can be a bit too red and annoying to cover with just the usual 2-3 pumps.

I hope the above makes sense and helps anyone who is interested in buying either of these brushes. My final verdict is that if you are willing to buy the set for £20 + then GET IT. The Buffing Brush is a dream to use and is a tool everyone should own. If you are more on a budget and don't neccesairly use a heavy coverage/ high end foundation then the Expert Face Brush will give you a flawless look and make it look like you use a more high end product (but you will use more foundation with this)
 
I'd love to hear what you all think of the brushes and if you had to choose, who would be your winner? Leave your comments below!

Milkmoonxo

No comments:

Post a Comment