Thursday 14 February 2013

Mac NC15 Pro Longwear


 I have recently switched over to MAC foundation after years of wondering why my makeup always looked amazing in the mornings and then wore off in the afternoon. I've heard so many good things about MAC but always found the price tag to be a little too pricey for me. The most I've usually ever spent on foundation was £15.50 on No7 but that was with my £5 off vouchers. After hearing I should switch and my Auntie offering me her £25 House Of Fraser voucher to buy it with, I took the plunge.
 
MAC Pro longwear is a medium coverage foundation with build able coverage. It's quite a thick foundation to work with but once you get the hang of it, its a dream to use. When the MUA put it on my skin of course with his beaaaautiful MAC 187 as well, I was in awe. My skin looked perfect and airbrushed and I actually had a burst of confidence, I felt beautiful and I was hooked.
 
 
This foundation is seriously the bee's knees. I can put it in at 8am for work and I can come home about 6pm and still look like I'm wearing a fresh face, I can't fault the long wear part of it. The only downside I am not a huge fan on is that it's quite a sticky foundation when you're applying and about an hour or so after application. It does begin to set in and the stick feeling goes but its not the nicest thing in the morning when you've first woke up. It's also very chemically smelling, it's not so strong that I would discontinue usage but it's not very nice. Other than these two things, I LOVE it and would recommend to anyone who was looking for a new foundation to last and to make you feel beautiful and airbrushed. I wear this for everyday wear and I feel sometimes it's maybe a little heavy but I carry on using it. I've had a bad breakout latley and I am unsure if it was from using MAC everyday for just over a week but after a facemask and a little TLC with my skin, it is clearing up.

(Before and After Pro Longwear application. Excuse the before face, I thought i'd show you the difference it really does make)
 
To apply my foundation, I pump 2-3 pumps onto the back of my hand and buff it into my skin using my Buffing Brush by Real Techniques. I would reccommend using 2 pumps to begin with and then a 3rd after if needed. sometimes I can get away with just the 2 pumps.
 
The retail price for this foundation is £24.00 for 30ml and it is one of the only foundations to come with a built in pump. I love this and think for the price it is worth it. I know the Studio Fix is also a really good foundation at £20.50 but if you wish to purchase a pump to go with it, it will set you back £3.50. I know if you buy the pump separately then it's a good investment as your next bottle would only be £20.50 but I have to say, the pro longwear has changed my life and I will be without a doubt re-purchasing.
 
Have any of you bought this foundation and loved it also? Do you use any other foundations that rival MAC? Let me know your thoughts below!
 
Milkmoonxo

No comments:

Post a Comment