Tuesday 31 July 2012

Shopping The Stash #1


So after reading The Sunday Girl's versions of these I thought it was a brilliant idea in my current circumstances to try and use a few older products I have abandoned or not used in a long time/ even not used at all and see what happens. I have selected mostly face products as due to over stressing, my skin is having an awful time at the moment. I have also selected a few body products and a few make-up based products. So here goes!




So for my face I have selected Neutrogena Visibly Clear - Spot stress Control 3 in 1 daily cleansing lotion and Ultra light spot treatment moisturizer. I used to use these two products a fair few months ago when my ex boyfriend went away for a week, I used them solid and nothing else and my skin dramatically improved so I am hoping the same sort of thing may happen. They are brilliant products that make your skin feel fresh and revived, I used to use the Cleansing Lotion as a make-up remover but I think this time I will use it as more of a toner as I have less of the product and have a make-up remover that bumps it all off anyways. The moisturizer I will use in the mornings before make-up and before I sleep once I have cleansed and toned.



Another two facial products I have chosen to revive are my old favorite St Ives apricot scrub and Balance Me Pure - Skin face wash. I actually got the Balance Me wash in this month's Glamour, so I'm not sure how it works on my skin yet but its for combination skin and smells gorgeously of grapefruit which I love so I'm hoping that it works out well. It claims once massaged onto your face, it dissolves your make-up which makes it free to wipe away with a hot cloth. St Ives scrub has always been a holy grail product for me but I abandoned it when I discovered Lush skincare so now I'm a little low on the cash, I'll give this another go as its a lot cheaper than Lush and works just as well, if not, better
.

I have chosen just one fragrance to try and use up which is Believe by Britney Spears. This was in a gift box for Christmas and although it is a celebrity perfume and quite cheap, it smells really fresh and fruity. I love the smells of grapefruit and tangerines and I'd say that it reminds me of these fruits. It's a really lovely fragrance to wear during the day and gives a light scent.


The two body products I have selected are Body Shop's Pink Grapefruit Body Puree and Soap and Glory's hand food - hand lotion. I have only used the Puree a number of times and it smells gorgeous and is silky on the body but I'm not really a user of lotions but with the weather going up and down, my skins going a little dry so I will give that a try. Soap and Glory's hand food is a small sized product I got in a Christmas gift box and I just haven't really used it, was chucked into my big beauty draw. I love hand lotions as my hands get really dry but the one I was currently using I have ran out of, so I'll give this one a try.



The last three products I have chosen are a little more make-up based. Olay regenerist replenishing cream, Body Shop's facial illuminating highlighter and Body Shop's pink grapefruit lip butter. I used to use the Olay cream every morning before my makeup, sort of as a primer as its a lovely silky texture that makes my skin just look nice. I'm not sure its meant to be used by someone of the age of 20 as its for getting rid of wrinkles and making the skin look more youthful but it cant hurt to get started early. I've been using Lush's Vanishing Cream after hearing raves about it and for the same price I can buy this, which I think works a lot better for my skin, so I'll be replacing Vanishing Cream with this for a little while. The highlighter I used to use and wasn't really impressed but I've ran out of my other highlighter so its just a substitute for now but I may like it after a prolonged use. I love the lip butters but forgot about them a little so that will be back in my handbag for my dry lip days.

So that's what I will be using this week and hopefully using up a little more of my slightly large stash. What are you trying to use more of? Are you going to shop the stash?
Let me know your opinions on any of the products if you have used them and drop a comment, I love to hear from my followers. Thankyou!

No comments:

Post a Comment