Monday 30 July 2012

Lush Empties.


So for the past few weeks I've been using up most of my Lush products (mainly to recycle my black pots and get my free face mask) and most of my samples I was given with my purchases. I didn't actually get a chance to get photos of my pots of large products before I took them back so I'll go through my samples and then list my large products. You can review and purchase all these products on the Lush website.

1. Handy Gurugu Hand and Foot Lotion - I had a sample size of this given to me during one of my transactions and I LOVE it. Its actually listed on the pot as a hand lotion but can also be used for feet. It is a rich butter cream texture that has a gorgeous smell of Almonds and Lemon, which is really fresh.After wearing a brand new pair of shoes and having the awful 'wear in' marks on my feet (not to mention HUGE pain) I used a little bit of this on my bunions and the backs of my feet where you get horrible blisters from new shoes, rubbed it in and the next day my feet were all fresh and not in pain anymore. Not to mention soft as well. This product is a bit on the more expensive size at £7.50 for 100G but I think its actually quite worth the money, Its something I will invest in in the future.

2. Celestial Face Moisturizer - Another sample size but with this I was actually really disappointed. This is the first product from Lush that I would not touch at all. Its not a very thick cream but as soon as it goes onto the skin it feels heavy and doesn't melt into the skin at all. Its really not a very nice product to deal with, for me. It states that its a sensitive skin moisturizer that helps to stop inflammation in the skin. I don't really have much else to say about this product except it wasn't right for my skin. I did buy the full size product without realizing it wasn't that good for my skin and was a little disappointed, however they did let me return it as I wasn't happy and purchased Vanishing Cream which I love, so it all worked out good. Its £11.75 for 45G which again is a little on the expensive side but the actual one I use is more expensive but I love that one so its a good investment, a little of the product goes a long way too.

3. Ultrabland Cleanser - Not much to say about this as I have raved about this product before, this is my go to cleanser to rid my face of all my makeup and dirt. Its just a holy grail product and I will not to purchasing this, I am already on my 2nd pot of full sized product and I love it. Couldn't live without it. They have actually put the price up on this so it is now £6.25 for 45G or £10.75 for 100G, next time I will be buying the larger sized product as it seems like a lot better value for money doubling the size of the product for £4.50 more. I would recommend this product to everybody.

4. American Cream Conditioner - This product smelt AMAZING when I put it on my hair and really did make my hair feel lovely and soft but sadly, the small pot literally gave me one use so I'm really not sure if its something I would invest in and I know i'd have to use a lot of the product thus it not lasting me as long as it should. It states its a strawberry and vanilla scent but I'd say it was a lot more on the vanilla side of the spectrum. It really is a lovely product to use, its very watery in consistency (even though it states its a thick conditioner, maybe I had a watery batch) but it allows you to really massage it into your hair, which helps when you have dried ends due to bleaching like I do. I loved it for the once use I got from it and I'd maybe think about buying it again. At £4.45 for 100G I don't think it would last me very long but then I'm not sure if £14.25 for 500G is an acceptable amount of money to pay for this product. I'm 50-50 on repurchasing.

5. Skin's Shangri La Moisturizer - This product, well i can't really comment on it. I was given a sample and knowing how expensive it is (£27.50 for 45G) I thought i'd save it for a special occasion to see if it bad my skin nice and soft so that my makeup would glide on, big mistake it would seem. I was sorting my room yesterday and found it, opened it up and was extremely sad, It has hardened and formed a film over the moisturizer which has utterly destroyed the product. Now I had the packaging all screwed up tight like you would and I really don't know whats happened to it. I would not purchase this as 1. I don't even know how it feels/works and 2. If it did this would a full sized pot I would be very unhappy.

Now these are only my opinions so don't fully base your purchases and choices on this, feel free to go into the shop and ask for samples of products you wish to try, they will happily hand them over to you. Thankyou for reading and if you have any opposite opinions on the products I didn't like that you think I should give them another shot then please just comment and I'll get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment