Sunday 1 July 2012

Lush Haul (Addiction)

Yet again I had to go to Lush and feed my ever growing addiction, I really don't know what it is about this place and their products I love so much. I guess knowing its mostly all fresh and handmade and contains hardly any chemicals make me feel a lot better about buying so much of it. Its a tad more expensive than a lot of other products and such but you really know you're getting your monies worth with the products. Everything I have purchased has lasted quite a while, with the exception of the face masks but I have been over using them due to them making my skin AMAZING. The moisturizer I bought the other day that I'm not really a big fan of, I've used every day just to see if I can get more used to it and I've literally not even used the product that was on the lid, let alone start inside the pot.


So after going into the store various times and purchasing mostly all hair and face products, I thought it was time to branch out a little and try a few other products. I remember going into Lush when I was younger and buying some of the amazing bath bombs that they had and loving them. I read a few reviews on various bath bombs and then whilst in store I asked one of the assistants about the ones they would suggest. She suggested the Rose Jam bubble bar which smelt lovely and we both had a giggle how it looked a little like a bum. She also suggested the bath bomb Rose Queen which once I smelt was lovely and floralish. One of the other assistants said it was one of the most over looked products so I just had to have it then. It has a few sticky out bits that I'm guessing are meant to resemble thorns from a rose or something, but it looks beautiful. I'm very excited to use this tonight in my bath and can't wait for my experience.


I had to also purchase some of the amazing soaps they have, it just looks like a huge cheese counter and it all smells delicious. Whilst reading the Lush Times I was supplied with the previous time I went in, the Honey I Washed The Kids was suggested for Aquarians, not sure if this is an actual selection or if it was just randomly done but oh god, its so good. It has hints of toffee and honey in it and looks so edible. The top layer of this soap is like a thick coat of honeycomb and even has the texture of honeycomb. Honey runs through out the soap too. It is a butter cream soap which melts in your hands as soon as you touch it and it has such an addictive smell, I'm sat here typing and I can smell it on my hands, yummy. Its just a delicious smelling soap and I am so excited to use this in my bath tonight. I purchased a ready cut block that weighs 0.134kg and set me back £4.36 although you can ask for a block that weighs 0.100kg for £3.25. I will be trying to cut this block into about three sections as I am scared that if I just take this into the bath it will melt and just disappear too quickly.


I also purchased Rock Star after hearing good things about this too, it smells just like cotton candy. It looks like cotton candy too and I just wish I could eat it. This is described as a butter cream soap and has a very creamy texture to it that just melts in your hands. It has a very vanillay scent to it but its quite a strong soap, do not underestimate its scent. Its a pale bubble gum pink in colour and would appeal to any girl that has a slightly girly side to her like myself, I just like to hide it sometimes. This pre cut block weighs 0.162kg and cost me £5.27 which is quite a lot but I will be cutting this large block into about 4 sections as it again may just disappear and melt too quickly in this large chunk. Again you can buy 0.100kg for £3.25 as it costs the same price as Honey I Washed The Kids.



 Again the lovely assistants at Lush gave me some free samples, I think they've realized i'm a valued customer now and just keep making me come back for more. The samples I was given were based on the soaps I bought, to go with my Rock Star soap I was given a sample of the body conditioner, Ro's Argan. After using Argan oil products I know how good it is for my hair so I was a little surprised they had a body conditioner containing this miracle product. It smells soooo so good and so much like roses, perfectly going with the Rock Star soap. I was told to put it on my skin after i'd washed and got out of the bath, leave it on my skin for about 5 minutes and jump back in and rinse it off. Apparently it works just like a hair conditioner and a body moisturizer in one. Its £15.50 for 225g which is quite steep but I know it would probably last a long time like everything else that Lush sells. 



The second sample was It's Raining Men shower gel. It smells just like Honey I Washed The Kids but a little more stronger and sickly actually, and it is quite a runny texture. It does say that is can be used on body and hair which will be interesting to see if it is a multi use product. I'm not sure how much I will enjoy this product as I only bought HIWTK as it was a best selling product and was suggested to me, but I'll give it a shot and report back. You can purchase this product in three sizes, 100g for £4.25, 250g £8.50 and 500g for £14.95. I don't think this is such a bad price but knowing how quick I use shower gel, the bottles really wouldn't last me that long, I lather on too much.


So this is my newest little Lush installment, I know I'll be going back to buy some more next week so I will apolgise in advance for all the Lush themed posts. I am buying them all myself, sadly they are not gifted or anything -sad face-. Thanks for reading, if you want to know anymore about these products then let me know and I shall try my best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment